Campus Enterprises Mission: Campus Enterprises is NC State’s lead division of retail and hospitality organizations. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services with dedicated financial support for student activity and scholarships.
Purpose: Provide vital support to Campus Enterprises and NC State Dining by providing an excellent dining experience for all guests.
Essential functions and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide excellent customer service to all guests.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, peers, and guests.
- Maintain Grade A sanitation of 95% or better.
- Maintain temperature and sanitation to ensure food safety.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to prep, serve and restock food items.
- Ability to read and follow both written and verbal instructions and recipes to efficiently and accurately assemble menu items.
- Assist supervisor with weekly and monthly cleaning of kitchen and production area.
- Current NC State University student with a flexible schedule
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with a team to serve a diverse population
- Elevated oral and written communication skills
- Ability to carry up to 60 pounds
- Must attend mandatory student employee orientation and training sessions
Opportunities for Skills Development
Working as a member of the Campus Enterprises team, students gain valuable experience and develop skills that can be transferred to their individual career paths. Campus Enterprises has developed student employee objectives and corresponding learning outcomes that outline the development opportunities student employees can expect.
Campus Enterprises at NC State University Hiring Standards
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.